Working with me
It’s not scary working with me. Hiring a copywriter is relatively straightforward. I have an easy process in place that should help you to know what to expect next in your copywriting journey.
- Get in touch: the first thing you can expect is a conversation. I do love to meet my clients face to face at our office, but sometimes that just isn’t possible; you might be too far away or just really busy with your business. In this case, we’ll do a meeting over the phone or through Skype. Where there’s a will, there’s a way.
- When we’ve identified what you need and what your budget is, we can then agree on your content! By this point, I will have sent you a client briefing document which will help me to understand your brand values, goals, place in your market and any preferences in language tone and voice.
- Once we’ve got to this stage, I’ll send a contract for you to read and sign. This details what the job is, how much it will cost, delivery date, copyright of content, etc. Once this is signed we can start the best bit: writing.
- Before I start the writing process, I’ll let you know how long you can expect to wait before I send over the first draft of your content. I try not to do last-minute rush jobs because I prefer to send out high-quality content and that takes time, but if you do need something in a hurry, I may have to work overtime. In this case, there would be an additional fee applicable.
- When I’ve got the first draft complete, I send this over to you in a PDF for your perusal. I detail my timescales for amendments in the contract, but it’s usually up to 2 sets of reviews and changes before signing the work off.
- Finally, once you are happy, we sign it off and sort out the invoice and I usually ask for feedback or a testimonial. I like to tell people about the work I’ve done, so I usually include your business in my portfolio. If you need a white-label project, please tell me! 🙂
Obviously for those jobs which require website access, there are some changes to this process, but not that much. Do you want to know more? Get in touch and we can have a chat.